About Me

My photo
Bristol, United Kingdom
I am a media student at John Cabot Academy and I am working in a group with Kayla and Kayleigh to create a music video.

Thursday 19 November 2009

Music Video Assesment

I have assesed three music videos made by gcse students.

The first one that i assesed was a song by N Dubz, Ouch. I have assesed it to be a level 3 because the shot transistions are good and the costume fitted the genre. They used the conventions using the jewellery, outfits. To improve they need to have better lighting and add more scenes to show narrative.

The second one that i assesed was a song by Martine Mcutcheon, perfect moment. I gave this a level 3 because there was good steady shots and good editing skills.
To improve they need more narrative and could add flashbacks and smoother cuts.

The third one that i assesed was Mariah Carey, Bye Bye. I assesed this video to be a level 2/3 as the flashbacks were good. To improve the shots need to be steady and need need to make sure people dont walk in on the filming. It is not in sync and the shots were not steady. To improve they need to be more careful when filming to exclude unappropiate elements.

No comments:

Post a Comment