About Me

My photo
Bristol, United Kingdom
I am a media student at John Cabot Academy and I am working in a group with Kayla and Kayleigh to create a music video.

Monday 2 November 2009

Reflective Writing

To help me with my media product i have done many things for research.

At first i listed the usual codes & conventions of a magazine advertisemet, a cd cover, and a music video.

I wanted to get more detailed codes and conventions of these so first i analysed cd covers. I need to analyse one more cd cover with a ft artist as this fits what we are doing, (Storm ft Mike).

I then went on to analysing websites. Although are group are sure we are not going to make a website, just cd cover, and a advertisement in a magzine i still thought it would be useful towards my project if i researched into them.

I have analysed one music video which realy helps as it is a female singer ft a male artist which matched our song type. However i will be analysing another music video to make the codes & conventions more clear and help me know what i want to aim for in making our music video.

For my audience and representation research i have made a diagram of common stereotypes so we can focus on targeting the right audience to match our genre. I will be doing a questionnaire to find out what our target audience like and dislike and what they would expect from RnB artists.

I have wrote about the different theories and linked them to my media product.

Me and my group have planned and set ideas for our cd cover, advertisement & music video.
I found all this very useful as it helped me and my group plan and storyboard for our final music video.
Currently we are working to finish the editing, we have finished the magazine advertisement & the album cover is finished.

The music video has been edited to black and white to give more of a dramatic effect.

At first we were just going to make the studio shots black and white but in some of themare performing which we dont think will have the effect we wanted. So we have changed the whole video to a black & white effect.



No comments:

Post a Comment